Monday, June 22, 2009

I guess everyone needs a vacation now and then...


Last night while Jacob was saying the night time prayer I heard the following:

"Please bless Jacob that he doesn't have to go to school. Bless Jacob that he can go to Emma's house. Bless Jacob that he can go to Papa's house. Go to Grandma's house. Go to..."

At this point I interjected because his list of vacation spots can be lengthy. I steered him more toward others' needs. I had him pray for his great grandmother who is very ill.
I found it very hard not to chuckle at his prayer as he normally loves school and has a great time there. He is often the center of attention since he puts on shows for everyone to see. He is their entertainer. I have shown up many times to see the entire class sitting down watching Jake who is doing his one man comedy show... I just hide and watch as long as I can until my presence is known.

I'm grateful for Jacob and the wonderful, sweet, innocent spirit he brings into our home. I refer to him as our family conscience. He's always telling us to behave and to be nice. I guess we still have a long way to go.... Maybe our parents shouldn't have turned us loose so quickly.. Or just maybe we need to take a vacation... I'm all for that one.

2 comments:

  1. Jake is a very sweet boy. I laugh when he puts you and Jason in the corner, I wonder what kind of Big Brother he'll be??? Time will tell. HAHA
    L/ Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see him telling the baby "nose corner" when he/she wakes him up... lol

    ReplyDelete