Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Health Screening

What a bad time to be pregnant.... My work has decided that since we are a fitness company we need to walk the walk and set the example. Up until July they paid 100% of our health insurance premiums. Starting July 1st we had to contribute $59 a month for insurance. Now they are doing health screenings to see what we will have to pay starting January 1st. If you do not participate in the screening, our contribution jumps to $149 per month. If we participate in the screening and depending on our screening results we will pay between $39 and $89 a month. We will have another screening in 4 months to see if we have made improvements. After the second screening we will know how much our premium will be.

So... how does this work for me? I have no idea... I am due a couple weeks after the second screening. I've asked my boss how this will affect me and apparently they are going to have a special meeting to discuss "special cases"... ie.. the pregnant people at work... Until then... my scores are as follows: REMEMBER.. I'm pregnant...

Blood Pressure: 113 over 69 GOOD
Glucose: 76 GOOD
Cholesterol: 211 BORDERLINE HIGH
HDL 56 BETTER (should be higher than 59)
Trig 182 BORDERLINE HIGH
LDL 119 NEAR OPTIMAL
TC/HDL 3.8 OPTIMAL
WEIGHT: 149.4 (I weighed 150.2 when I found out I was pregnant)
BODY FAT: 42% (If I weren't pregnant it should be less than 33%) Right now I am Very High
BMI: 28.5 (Overweight) I need to get it back below 25 after the baby comes...
Waist Circumference: 37.5 inches... In December they'll need a second tape measure.. lol

They told me that I am at .07% risk for Heart Disease within the next 10 years.

I guess everyone had OK readings... I didn't hear sirens from any ambulances outside....

Anyway.. I hope they come up with a reasonable plan for the 2 women that are pregnant here. I just want it to be fair.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Tonya! How are you doing? Have you had the swine flu? Are you busy with work? or a remodeling project? Or are you just worn out tired from being pregnant? Those are all good reasons for not posting, and there are lots of other good reasons, too. I'm just hoping everything is OK for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No to the Swine Flu, Yes to the rest.... I have plenty to blog about, but finding the time is hard. I will get you all caught up as fast as I can. :o)

    ReplyDelete